Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
- 1 lb of ground meat (turkey, chicken, or beef) ~ we chose ground chicken
- 1 can of Kidney beans (whatever brand)
- 1 can of Corn (white or yellow)
- 1 can of tomato paste or tomato Sauce we only had tomato paste
- Taco seasoning packet (your choice of brand)
- Start off by browning your 1 lb of meat in a medium skillet
- once your meat is browned and cooked thoroughly (usually about 5 - 8 minutes) drain any fat from the skillet (ground chicken doesn't hardly have any)
- With the stove still on at a medium heat Add in your Taco Seasoning to the meat and follow the instructions on the packet (most taco seasoning packets will require you to add water for this step)
- Once you have mixed your meat and taco seasoning together following the packets directions then you add in your tomato paste or tomato sauce
- if using tomato paste you will need to add roughly 3 of the tomato paste cans full of water to the pot. If using tomato sauce do not add water
- let the tomato paste/or tomato sauce and meat combination simmer for about 2-3 minutes. This is when you can add additional seasonings if you wish...we don't typically add anything because the taco seasoning packet is good enough
- Now it is time to add your corn and beans (or whatever else you wish e.g. onions, peppers, etc)
- Let the entire combination of your meat, tomato sauce, seasoning packet, corn, and beans cook on medium heat covered for 15 minutes stirring occasionally
- Take the lid off taste (adjust taste with seasonings if needed)...then plate
- Lastly, we top ours off with some tortilla chips, sour cream, hot sauce and a bit of shredded cheese (all optional)
- viola~ you are done and you have a meal in 30 minutes!!!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Polka-Dots seem to be "in" this spring. I have seen so many different textiles with various sizes and colors of polka dots. My favorite is the brown and pink combination...It is something about pink and brown that just fit so well to me.
Another stripey print to the left that I just absolutely love and couldn't resist indulging in.
Here I am carrying out some supplies that I managed to pick out at the last minute for a quilt that I will attempt to make for my nephew "turtle." I was able to find the cutest turtle printed fleece fabric and a soft yellow fleece for the back. I am going to attempt to try to ribbon bind the quilt (never tried before) hopefully it works out for the best. Oh I almost forgot to mention the Walmart in my area like in many areas is getting rid of their fabric department so I scored great deals on all the fabric I purchased 25% off....I can't wait for the 50-75% off discount prices.
I leave you with a pic of my baby! He is so obsessed with his ball!!!
Stay Crafty and inspired!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Hope You Had a Great Easter
(Yummy Easter eggs, peeps and a chocolate bunny)
Wake up...when ready to get up or when Gizzy (our Yorkie) needs to go out...we know this by him licking our faces to get us out of the bed.
- Do the usual morning stuff once out of the bed....get dressed...get Gizzy ready
- Then we start out on our walk to our nearest Dunkin Donuts...we typically do not buy anything but a Sunday paper...maybe Papatag (my fiance) might buy a coffee while Gizzy and I wait outside, but this Sunday we didn't get anything we just walked there and around our neighborhood.
- Then we play with Gizzy and his favorite ball in the backyard...he is obsessed! Play time ended early because Gizzy couldn't focus and was too interested in licking this icky ball that belongs to our neighbors dog who slobs on everything! IICKKK
- Back in the house to clean Gizzy off and to brush his hair (got to keep the Yorkie doo looking good)
eat a mini breakfast and get dressed for workout time! This Sunday it consisted of Turkey bacon and 1/2 an english muffin.......I am addicted to Turkey bacon (we don't eat pork or beef in our house)
- off to practice (track) for us...
2 hours and a shower later
Dunch (dinner/lunch) Papatag Cooked Lasagna (we typically try to cook good meals on Sundays) good meaning larger meals than we normal cook or meals that might take longer.
Rest of the day was resting....watching a bit of the Tele and falling in and out of sleep
Hope you had a wonderful Sunday doing what you do!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I have finally been able to catch up JUST A BIT on taking some photos of some of my etsy inventory that I have had in my house for the last couple of weeks. I owe it all in part to Spring...hopefully now I will be able to take some better photos with the sunlight outside. New England winters can be brutal in terms of weather conditions...so I am thankful that I can get outside although it is still pretty chilly to take some new pics.
Here is a look of a couple of items that I have recently added to my shop:
Monday, April 6, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Yesterday was such a crazy day with work and with all of the info circulating around about the whole computer scare going on. I freaked out a bit but went home to check my PC and my system seems to be running fine besides the slow as ever Internet service we have (lol).
Hopefully today will be bright and sunny again so I can get outside and take some more pics of some jewelry that I need to list on ETSY. Etsy is wonderful and if you haven't been you should go to the website http://www.etsy.com/ and check out all of the wonderful artists that thrive in the handmade community. Oh and don't forget to stop by my page while you are there!!!
(The punky Bruster Necklace) Made with color changing beads and a silver change. Follow the link to be directed to this item:
(Lock my heart away Necklace) This necklace features a bronze locket centered on a bronze chain. Follow the link for more pics and information on this item: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23051198
(Lucky You four-leaf clover Necklace) This is a Four leaf clover pendant centered on a bronze chain. Follow the link for more information on this item: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23051896