Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Knick Knacks and this and that

Knick Knack Patty Wack.....

I haven't posted in a while. I have been out of town visiting my family, thrifting through treasures, and sewing up a storm. I even managed to stitch my finger tip with my sewing machine (don't ask) lol. I guess you can say I get a lot of my love for nick knacks from my Mom. While I was visiting "home" me and my Mom got to do some vintage thrifting and antiquing. Here I am below trying on some antique glasses. They were so kooky... they didn't even have a nose bridge, but i guess back then they must have worked just fine!

(Me with the antique Glasses on)

(Here is the lot of the antique lens that were being sold for about $200...if only I had $200 bucks.... ohhhhhh I am salivating just thinking about the crafty things I could have done with those lenses. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be).

I have been super busy creating a stash of super cute baby gifts for my new nephew "turtle." The main project I have been working on has been this quilt....

I think it turned out really nice. It was my first time actually using multiple intricate fabric patterns and also different fabric materials. The yellow turtle fabric is a soft fleece and the printed turtle fabric and the solid colors surrounding it are all cotton. It was a fun challenge. I actually finished the entire project from start to finish in about 7 hours. I think I did Pretty good I might add. Boy let me tell you it was so unbelievably hard to find fabric with a turtle print on it. I was terrified that the contrasting fabrics and colors wouldn't go well together but all in all I am pretty pleased with the end result and my Mom and Brother were head over heals for the quilt....looks like I might be making more quilts in the near future.

I even inspired my mom to get a little crafty and make a couple of things for little "turtle."

(She created this onesie for our family photo for him to wear....it still swallowed his entire body. He is such a little pea.... 6 weeks at 6 lbs)

(My little angle fast asleep. Thank goodness! He kept me up all night) LOL!

No comments: