Friday, October 24, 2008

Wholefoods Chicken for dinner and Grandpa out grew the lion!

OK, So yesterday (10/23/08) I was pretty excited to see that Wholefoods had Organic non processed whole chickens on sale for .99 /lb....seriously you can't beat the price. I got a good sized one for $4.05. I will be honest and say that I was terrified once I got the chicken home and took it out of the plastic. It was pretty disgusting ( I understand why there are vegetarians in the world). I soaked it in lemon juice, vinegar and water ( I hear it is suppose to kill any germs). I had no clue how much fat and icky stuff was on chicken. Anyhow...I seasoned it up...stuffed it with onions and peppers...cooked it for l.5 hours...It was really easy and scrumptious! Sorry no finale pics.

The Chicken Seasoned

The Chopped Peppers I stuffed it with!


Grandpa (aka Gizzy the dog)

I was super shocked to see the adorable cute Lion Halloween costume that I purchased for Gizzy last year is absolutely too small for him now. My goodness I hadn't realized how long he has gotten these few months.

Notice that the tail looks like it is growing from his back


He hated it...especially the fluffy mane around his head (haahaha)!

Thats all for now!

No comments: