Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello,

Somehow I failed to mention that we spent a huge chunk of our New Years Eve in the Pet ER! Gizzy was having something like a coughing attack almost like something was lodged in his throat. After a few minutes pacing hoping that what ever it was would go away or he would cough up what was lodged in his throat if anything....it didn't stop so to the Vet ER we were headed.

Gizzy at the Vet Er on New Years Eve

Gizzy and Mr. Papitag (above) falling asleep in the exam room

(Me looking like a goonie and super busted after crying hoping that my baby was ok).

So after about 3 hours at the emergency vet, Gizzy was given a clean bill of health. $300 bucks later the vet that was on call told us that the little guy probably had an allergic reaction to something or either he is developing asthma....what the hell....dogs can get asthma! Ok, so I was definitely educated and told not to use any harsh chemicals in the house (which we don't besides disinfectant) and no burning of candles or anything aeromatic. I swear this little guy is going to be the ruins of me (lol). I am just thrilled to pieces that we decided to get the VPI pet insurance now I can only cross my fingers that they will reimburse us some of what we paid. In the long run I would do it all again as long as my little guy is OK.....We love you Gizzy!
On another note I am sure you have heard the saying that it takes a village to raise a child. Well, that saying is so true...I have been completely astonished how many people are lending us a hand with clothing, furniture, etc for our baby on the way. We aren't they type of materialistic people who care about whether something is a hand me down as long as it is in good shape and condition and is safe!!! Yah...this means less money out of our pockets and less things that will go to waste by others.

(Cute knitted slipers the neighbor made for me for the hospital)
(A cute little electric cooker that my Mommy sent to us)

(The wonderful changing table and dresser that my Mom sent to us (above in the box)

(new and hand me down clothes from my Mom and Brother...thank you Turtle)
There will be more boxes and stuff to come...yeah! Well, it is time to go and eat dinner. I am working on a few craft projects that I will have to post soon.
Hugs!

No comments: